Click column header to sort
Customer Service Supervisor – Wholesale Division
This position resides in Waste Not Paper (WNP) – the wholesale division of Paper Source. This position is based in our Forest Park Distribution Center and has two direct reports in the call center. The position reports to WNP Manager.
The WNP Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for supervision of customer service team and day-to-day customer service, daily order management with large focus on key account shipments, sales postings, working with accounting to insure accounts are in good standing, and making sure WNP operations are running smoothly.
Must have superior follow-through, strong communication and leadership skills, attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, and ability to work cross-functionally.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Call Center Supervision
- Manage direct work flow and order flow in the call center
- Training and on-boarding for any new WNP customer service team members
- Ongoing training and coaching for WNP customer service team
- Document and optimize call center processes
- Perform annual reviews for direct reports
- Prioritize daily tasks effectively
- Manage product allocation and batch clean up in Great Plains (inventory and order management)
- Point person for IT issues: report issues to IT and follow up on resolutions
- Key accounts make up the majority of our sales – the Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for seeing these shipments through to successful delivery
- Management and execution of all details required by large, key accounts – product labeling, packaging, cartons, etc.
- On time and accurate shipments that meet all customer requirements
- Work cross-functionally with Production and Outbound teams
- Manage key account order entry, delegating with teams to hit deadlines
- Enter production builds for custom product
- Ensure ticketing, packaging, item requirements are met, working with Production
- Coordinate routing guide requirements, working with Outbound team
- Provide shipping and invoice information to customers, as needed; often this involves working with vendors websites and portals to confirm shipping and submit invoices
- Document and optimize processes for key accounts
- Assist with payment follow-up and application, as needed
Daily Sales & Operations
- Monitor open, future and backorder batches (orders in system to ship immediately or later due to customer requested ship date or backordered product)
- Run sales forecasts twice a week – reporting projected shipments and sales for the fiscal month. These reports go to Manager and Director and up to the corporate leadership team
- Cross-functional partnership with Production team, Inbound team and Outbound team to ensure product flows through warehouse to hit customer ship dates and sales plan goals (for key accounts as well as smaller accounts)
- Prepare all shipped invoices for posting and notify Accounting Department when ready for reporting
- Manage return posting, or delegate
- Run weekly production needs and prioritize urgent items, or delegate
- Run weekly lists to evaluate incoming, discontinued or out-of-stock product
- Evaluate product needs and partner with Manager to troubleshoot any late arriving product
- Email and track credit limit inquiries
- Email and track Net 30 applications
- Follow up on past-due payments directly with customer, as needed
National Stationery Show
- Assist in design and planning of booth
- Help with booth set-up, merchandising and tear-down at the show
- Participate in Sales Meeting Presentation
- Customer Service and management experience, preferably in Wholesale (B2B).
- Self-motivated leader who takes initiative on assigned tasks and beyond.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- High degree of organization and ability to prioritize and multi task, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Commitment to customer service and the ability to conflict manage.
- Computer literate, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to learn other applications quickly.
- Exemplify professional and ethical behaviors; follow all Paper Source policy and procedures
- Position is full-time, Monday through Friday – occasional weekend work required based on business needs, special events and tradeshows.
This position reports directly to the Distribution Center Outbound Shipping Manager and is located at the Paper Source Distribution Center at 7801 Industrial Drive Forest Park, IL 60130. The position requires a strong, collaborative business relationship with Human Resources, Store Operations, Retail Store Managers, Production Manager and Customer Service Manager.
Responsible for support in the execution of all the daily activities required to manage shift responsibilities across Inbound (receiving, put away/replenishment and ticketing) and Outbound (pick, pack and ship) operations in the distribution center. Responsible for assisting in the staffing, training, and scheduling of all shift warehouse personnel in the departments outlined, while maintaining strict adherence to payroll budget, planning hours to achieve productivity goals and effectively manage fluctuating levels of work. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, including compliance to all OSHA and Safety regulations and guidelines. Provide 100% customer satisfaction by providing same day shipment of all customer and store orders ensuring accuracy, proper packaging, using efficient and cost effective transportation modes.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide hands-on supervision for staff and associates to maximize productivity and accuracy in their job functions by spending no less than 90% of his/her time on the warehouse floor. Utilizes weekly benchmark reports, performance posting, and goal setting to measure and communicate the results of performance to your team
- Plan daily workloads to ensure all customer/store orders will be 100% shipped the same day. Provide guidance to receiving, put-away/replenishment and ticketing that stays with established metrics of a 48 hour turn.
- Support the standards with the warehouse personnel to drive a customer focused environment.
- Supervises daily processes to ensure all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics are met or exceeded
- Provide direction and assistance to warehouse associates by clarifying questions pertaining to job assignments and resolving issues
- Meet all departmental expectations to effectively drive results
- Assist in training, developing and managing a group of 10-25 associates in non-exempt positions. Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and mentoring to achieve desired results
- Participate in the Paper Source Safety program, using the monthly Safety and Health Survey, to provide a safe work environment and comply with all Federal, State and OSHA and safety regulations
- Instill a “5S” cleanliness culture throughout the facility
- Provides training and certification prior to an employee being permitted to operate and monitors all employees’ use of Industrial Powered equipment in the facilities. (Forklifts, Order Pickers, etc.) Establishes a program to provide recurrent training every 2 years.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of warehouses activities using the current Distribution Center Business Metrics report, any other benchmark reporting spreadsheets, and other reports as may be required and outlined from time to time.
- Complies with the logistic and distribution center budgetary constraints for the warehouse and monitors all controllable expenses such as Overtime, Salary, Temporary help, Supplies, LTL costs, UPS/FedEx costs, Facility Maintenance expense, etc.
- Other duties and assignments that may be required or necessitated as a result of change in the job requirements.
- 2-4 years focus in Distribution Center operations with Store, Direct to Consumer and Business to Business applications is desired
- 2-4 years functional knowledge and experience in conducting metric driven analysis and accountability
- Ability to communicate clearly, thoroughly and professionally across business channels
- Bilingual (Spanish) communication skills a plus
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Understanding Process Improvement/Six Sigma processes a plus
- Green Belt/Lean Six Sigma a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and arrive at optimum solutions to achieve success
- Experience using and implementing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Have a working knowledge of Distribution Center processes and functions
- Ability to operate a forklift after successfully completing and passing the PS forklift cert
- Be prepared to work multiple shifts, as required by business need
Warehouse Picker Paper Source is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and has a Distribution Center in Forest Park, Illinois, which holds finished inventory for stores, direct-to-consumer and wholesale, and a production area which houses the manufacturing operations of Paper Source proprietary product. This position will be based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility (7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130). Position Summary This position reports directly to the Inbound & Outbound Supervisor. The Warehouse Worker participates in all operational processes. The responsibilities for this role include but not limited to storing materials and picking/packing of orders. The requirements is that work will meet or exceed the established standards of efficiency, quality and productivity as well as to result in a high level of customer satisfaction. Scope of Responsibilities
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (including load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock product (including unload ,label, store and pick)
- Perform inventory control and maintain high quality standards for audits
- Complete diary logs into inventory
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations and maintain all housekeeping standards.
- Meeting productivity standards and ensuring accuracy of work
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment, while still meeting or exceeding productivity standards and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Work attitude must be proactive and quality focused
- Strong focus on accuracy
- Proficiency in inventory software system and prior experience working in a formal quality system/program including, FedEx Ship Manager Software & UPS Wordship software is a plus
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Experience working with an RF Scanner a plus
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Flexibility of scheduling (which may at times include different shifts, work days or work hours), and, assignments according to the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk pushing a cart, and handle objects with hands, for an entire shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to work standing. Must be able to kneel, reach, bend, lift and must be able to work under these conditions every day.
- Hand and wrist movement to grasp, hold and pack consistently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout work day