Click column header to sort
Warehouse Worker (Order Picker/Packer)
This position is based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility located at 7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130.
This position reports directly to the Inbound & Outbound Supervisor. The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, storing materials and picking/packing orders. The requirements are that work will meet or exceed the established standards of efficiency, quality and productivity resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (including load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock product (including unload, label, store and pick)
- Perform inventory control and maintain high quality standards for audits
- Complete diary logs into inventory
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations and maintain all housekeeping standards
- Meet productivity standards and ensuring accuracy of work
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment while still meeting or exceeding productivity standards and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, order accuracy and the ability to multi-task
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Experience working with RF Scanners or manual picking a plus
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout work day
- Ability to walk pushing a cart and handle objects with hands for an entire shift
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to work standing. Must be able to kneel, reach, bend, lift and must be able to work under these conditions daily
- Hand and wrist movements to grasp, hold and pack consistently
- Flexibility of scheduling (which may at times include different shifts, work days or work hours), and assignments according to the needs of the business
Full Time Freelance Associate Photographer
The Full Time Freelance Associate Photographer reports to the Associate Creative Director and works closely with the Senior Photographer, Senior Re-Toucher, and supports the marketing efforts in a high-volume, fast paced, in-house photo studio within the Paper Source Chicago Loop headquarters located at 125 S Clark Street. Main duties would include photographing new product for ecomm use, supporting the senior photographer with production for other print and digital channels like catalog, social, and online homepage. The Full Time Freelance Associate Photographer keeps track of web and catalog product images taken, organizing, editing, and proofing images. Our studio works with CaptureOne; strong skills in this program are mandatory for this position.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and efficient studio
- Maintaining a fast pace in a high volume environment with tight deadlines
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Photographing product for ecomm use
- Photographing for print and digital channels like catalog, social, and homepage
- Styling, sourcing props, building and dressing sets
- Fluent in CaptureOne and Photoshop
- Strong sense of design, composition, color, and aesthetic judgment
- Highly skilled in flash photography
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Video production a plus
- As part of the application process, the resume must be uploaded in PDF
- Include link to online portfolio
- Experience in an ecomm setting/studio
- Work experience as a flash photographer
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines, work with a collaborative team
- Service oriented personality and receptive to feedback
- Must be able to work onsite at our Chicago headquarters.
Assistant Store Manager(FT 40 hours)This position reports to the Store Manager Position Summary The Assistant Store Manager supervises and motivates the Shift Supervisors and Customer Service Associates, inspiring them to model the customer service experience in order to drive sales and exceed customer expectations. Assistant Store Managers must promote an engaging and positive work environment that fosters open communication, encourages teamwork and inspires creativity.
Associate Merchandise Planner/Allocator
The Associate Merchandise Planner supports the merchandise organization, partnering with the buyer, working directly with the GMM and Head of Planning, and reporting to a Senior Planner. This position is responsible to develop annual sales, margin and turnover goals that tie to the annual goals of the company. Additionally, this position is accountable for the placement of orders, allocation of inventory to stores, maintaining adequate warehouse inventory levels, assortment planning and managing receipts that tie to the open to buy. This position will be trained in all aspects of merchandise planning and allocation while having direct responsibility for select departments. This positions requires advanced excel skills to support ad hoc reporting.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Create purchase orders and communicate orders to suppliers both domestic and import. Manage the vendor base in accordance with company standards, inclusive of building strong relationships and developing good negotiating skills. Ensure forecasts for select suppliers with longer lead times.
- Seasonal assortment planning for multiple size stores and the WEB. Rigorous process to review sales and inventory at item, store, and, warehouse level.
- Revise inventory levels to drive the business on a regular basis.
- Develop financial and distribution plans for multiple departments. Manage the inventory for the stores, web and warehouse.
- Manage the production process for Paper Source produced items. Order components from third party vendors, build plans for production, follow through on process, allocate finished goods.
- Cross functional business units include the production area which requires collaboration with all business partners to insure proper levels of component stock. Weekly review of component stock to support production needs
- Prepare for, and participate in, monthly open to buy meetings. Forecast sales, margin and inventory. Develop action plans to meet sales goals and margin. Manage receipts to open to buy and define plan to meet inventory targets. Identify risks and opportunities at both the department and item level.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as needed to measure sales, margin and inventory sell thru; analyze historical sales data and current trends; define action plan.
- Create similar reporting for other cross functional business units.
- Review top selling items weekly, inclusive of stock levels in both stores and the warehouse. Work with distribution to insure proper stock levels.
- Review margin and propose retail changes to support margin plan.
- Identify slow sellers, developing an exit strategy to minimize markdowns.
- Offer to develop process; make recommendations to current processes.
Key Selection Criteria
We are looking for a candidate with a high energy level that enjoys the challenges of retail. This changing business requires a flexible individual with a high degree of organization skills, and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines. The job involves working with multiple business units and requires good written and verbal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous retail experience desired.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
Production/Photo Studio Intern – SPRING 2018
The Production/Photo Studio Intern has the opportunity to work alongside the Creative Director and in-house Photographer in all functions related to photography, video production, product styling and other projects. The ideal candidate will have an academic focus in Marketing, Photography, Videography or a related field. This position will be based out of our downtown loop Chicago, IL headquarters. Must be able to receive college credit.
Learning Experiences and Exposure Include:
- Working in a fast-paced photo studio and on-location photo shoots alongside the Creative Director and in-house Photographer
- Participating in the creative and technical process with cross-department teams and clients including producing and editing various video productions
- Learning to create tableaus and images to tell inspirational stories for print media and the full omnichannel experience
- Maintaining the photo studio, sets and props and learning technical tips and tricks of principal production
We are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people to join our team and have the following:
- Effective organizational skills for managing multiple tasks at once
- Experience or interest working in a photo studio
- Experience or interest working in art direction/styling/set styling
- Experience or interest in video production and editing
- Proficient in the Adobe editing suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiar with video editing software (AfterEffects, Premiere, Final Cut)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in your sophomore, junior, or senior year at an accredited college or university
- Must be able to receive college credit
- Must be able to work from our Chicago headquarters