Warehouse Associate - Box Maker
Location: Forest Park, IL
Shift: (Full-time) Monday-Friday, Variable shifts available. Mandatory Saturdays during peak season**
7am-3:30pm | Peak Season: 10am-6:30pm
Paper Source is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and has a Distribution Center in Forest Park, Illinois, which holds finished inventory for stores, direct-to-consumer and wholesale, and a production area which houses the manufacturing operations of Paper Source proprietary product. This position will be based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility (7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130). CDC and State Covid guidelines observed.
This position reports directly to the Inbound & Outbound Supervisor. The Warehouse Associate participates in all operational processes. The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, storing materials and picking/packing of orders. The requirements is that work will meet or exceed the established standards of efficiency, quality and productivity as well as to result in a high level of customer satisfaction.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (including load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock product (including unload, label, store and pick)
- Perform inventory control and maintain high quality standards for audits
- Complete diary logs into inventory
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations and maintain all housekeeping standards.
- Meeting productivity standards and ensuring accuracy of work
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment, while still meeting or exceeding productivity standards and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Work attitude must be proactive and quality focused
- Strong focus on accuracy
- Proficiency in inventory software system and prior experience working in a formal quality system/program including, FedEx Ship Manager Software & UPS Wordship software is a plus
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Previous warehouse experience a plus
- Experience working with an RF Scanner a plus
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Flexibility of scheduling (which may at times include different shifts, work days or work hours), and, assignments according to the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk pushing a cart, and handle objects with hands, for an entire shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to work standing. Must be able to kneel, reach, bend, lift and must be able to work under these conditions every day.
- Hand and wrist movement to grasp, hold and pack consistently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout work day