Customer Service Supervisor – Wholesale Division
This position resides in Waste Not Paper (WNP) – the wholesale division of Paper Source. This position is based in our Forest Park Distribution Center and has two direct reports in the call center. The position reports to WNP Manager.
The WNP Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for supervision of customer service team and day-to-day customer service, daily order management with large focus on key account shipments, sales postings, working with accounting to insure accounts are in good standing, and making sure WNP operations are running smoothly.
Must have superior follow-through, strong communication and leadership skills, attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, and ability to work cross-functionally.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Call Center Supervision
- Manage direct work flow and order flow in the call center
- Training and on-boarding for any new WNP customer service team members
- Ongoing training and coaching for WNP customer service team
- Document and optimize call center processes
- Perform annual reviews for direct reports
- Prioritize daily tasks effectively
- Manage product allocation and batch clean up in Great Plains (inventory and order management)
- Point person for IT issues: report issues to IT and follow up on resolutions
- Key accounts make up the majority of our sales – the Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for seeing these shipments through to successful delivery
- Management and execution of all details required by large, key accounts – product labeling, packaging, cartons, etc.
- On time and accurate shipments that meet all customer requirements
- Work cross-functionally with Production and Outbound teams
- Manage key account order entry, delegating with teams to hit deadlines
- Enter production builds for custom product
- Ensure ticketing, packaging, item requirements are met, working with Production
- Coordinate routing guide requirements, working with Outbound team
- Provide shipping and invoice information to customers, as needed; often this involves working with vendors websites and portals to confirm shipping and submit invoices
- Document and optimize processes for key accounts
- Assist with payment follow-up and application, as needed
Daily Sales & Operations
- Monitor open, future and backorder batches (orders in system to ship immediately or later due to customer requested ship date or backordered product)
- Run sales forecasts twice a week – reporting projected shipments and sales for the fiscal month. These reports go to Manager and Director and up to the corporate leadership team
- Cross-functional partnership with Production team, Inbound team and Outbound team to ensure product flows through warehouse to hit customer ship dates and sales plan goals (for key accounts as well as smaller accounts)
- Prepare all shipped invoices for posting and notify Accounting Department when ready for reporting
- Manage return posting, or delegate
- Run weekly production needs and prioritize urgent items, or delegate
- Run weekly lists to evaluate incoming, discontinued or out-of-stock product
- Evaluate product needs and partner with Manager to troubleshoot any late arriving product
- Email and track credit limit inquiries
- Email and track Net 30 applications
- Follow up on past-due payments directly with customer, as needed
National Stationery Show
- Assist in design and planning of booth
- Help with booth set-up, merchandising and tear-down at the show
- Participate in Sales Meeting Presentation
- Customer Service and management experience, preferably in Wholesale (B2B).
- Self-motivated leader who takes initiative on assigned tasks and beyond.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- High degree of organization and ability to prioritize and multi task, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Commitment to customer service and the ability to conflict manage.
- Computer literate, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to learn other applications quickly.
- Exemplify professional and ethical behaviors; follow all Paper Source policy and procedures
- Position is full-time, Monday through Friday – occasional weekend work required based on business needs, special events and tradeshows.