Human Resource Administrative Assistant
This position reports directly to Human Resources Manager
The Human Resource Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing defined administrative support for all aspects of Human Resources, with a focus in the areas of payroll and benefits. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, recruiting, special events and employee relations, and, on occasion, a variety of special projects as needed and assigned. This position is based at our Distribution Center in Forest Park.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Within realm of assigned responsibility, ensures timely, thorough and accurate payroll and benefit entry/tracking/reconciliation.
- Administrative processes & data entry in HRIS-ADP; provides process training to leads, supervisors and managers; trouble shoots general system and entry problems
- Supports the annual open enrollment process in all aspects
- Assists with system upgrades or implementations.
- Liaison between the payroll and accounting teams when needed regarding common projects, for example, weekly or monthly reconciliations related to expenses, invoicing or payroll backup & expense or other reports.
- Assists with vacation and other accruals.
- Coordinates daily follow-up on general associate, manager inquiries, monitor hotline and other sensitive associate relations venues; partnering and elevating when needed with HR Manager. Acts as liaison when specifically authorized or directed.
- In conjunction with applicable corporate partners and HR Manager, key point person for daily flow and organization of routine “response required” requests at Forest Park– i.e. building access permissions, locker/ uniform programs, routine employment verifications; unemployment claims; etc.
- Conducts new hire onboarding( processes including but not limited to drug testing and e-verify) and off boarding processes both regular and temporary labor
- Assists with the format and coordination and/or the proofing of training material, policy and procedure, benefit and new hire materials, guidebooks and forms; offer content or process recommendations.
- In partnership with IT and others, ensures the management of the employee discount and system access for new hires and leavers, as well as general troubleshooting.
- In conjunction with the supervising manager and the stated criteria, compiles data and/or formats data to complete the many and various required audits: EEOC, State & Local, Worker’s Comp, etc.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Assists in full cycle of recruiting thru the ATS, iCims, including prepare, create, place and manage job postings, complete reference checks and schedule candidate interview and phone screenings.
- Assists with prep and setup/tear down of employee events of all types. Partner with HR Manager to facilitate cross functional teams and committees.
- Coordinates the scheduling of regular communications, assist to maintain the HR site on Inside PS and submissions of reSource articles.
- Responsible to trigger the weekly/monthly production of key reporting, maintain compliance posters, notices and training; assist with HR audits as applicable, and, assist with implementing and ensuring compliance to new and existing programs.
- Principal owner in executing tasks related to filing, archiving and records retention – paper or electronic.
- Actively assists with safety, safety committee, OSHA 300 Log and other loss/asset prevention programs and initiatives.
- Able to effectively process and prioritize initial worker’s compensation claims, accident and incident reports. Solid execution of response and direction to managers and associates when front line representative of the department, referring as needed.
- Builds a regular cadence in the communication, retrieval of data (data mining in HRIS), date tracking and the formatting of results associated with performance management/employee life cycle (annual, 90-day, IDP, corrective action, PIP, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or business preferred
- 2+ years of proven work experience as an HR Admin or relevant role
- Experience with HR software (HRIS and payroll systems) ADP Workforce Now and ADP reporting highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with Excel being key.
- Ability to professionally interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Good written and verbal communication and decision-making skills, especially related to when to seek counsel or guidance.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adhere to Paper Source Values of Creativity, Collaborative Leadership, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Customer Centricity, & Passion for the Brand