Full Time Custom Production Artist
This position reports directly to the Production Artist Supervisor. This position will be based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility (7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130), with the option to work remotely after onboarding.
The Custom Production Artist is a specialized skill and is responsible for building custom products on the Paper Source website, using our personalization technology. This individual will require excellent technical design skills, attention to detail, communication, and time management, as a key member of our custom product launches and continued product maintenance.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Learns to use Paper Source personalization technology, working closely with outside partners and internal teams including the custom and web teams, acting as an in-house expert
- Leads creation of web templates for custom product launches, including setting type and incorporating design artwork
- Leads improvements to custom products, including adding design elements or standardizing the representation online
- Teams to troubleshoot issues with personalization technology as is required, ongoing
- Works independently, accurately communicating timing to complete a project
- Partners with outside partners and internal teams to communicate issues that arise and manage change as technology develops
- Assists with other projects as needed, which could include product testing or other internal templates
- Demonstrates passion for the Paper Source brand and its products.
- Design skills sufficient to assist with product development and production.
- Demonstrates time management, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multi task, with laser like attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate thoughts into clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Able to learn quickly and communicate with multiple team members.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Production Designer and/or Typesetter.
- Graphic design background preferred; invitations design is a plus.
- Proficient in MAC based Adobe InDesign; Excel skills preferred.
- Part time availability with flexibility to work according to the needs of the business.