Account Management & Marketing Assistant Intern
The Account Management & Marketing Assistant Intern supports the Wholesale team in all functions related to merchandise, sample coordination, vendor communications, proofreading, presentations and other projects. This position will be based out of our Chicago, IL headquarters and will require the ability to work at times at our Distribution Center in Forest Park, IL. Must be able to receive college credit.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Assists in product sample coordination, organization, maintenance and execution for trade shows, showrooms and sales reps.
- Assists in sample coordination in photography and online organizational process for new product.
- Assists in maintaining vendor communication and new vendor processes.
- Assists in proofing calendars, marketing pieces, and other Paper Source branded goods.
- Attends departmental strategy meetings.
- Fills out vendor set up forms and item forms for new customers.
- Interacts with various departments beyond Merchandising Planning and Allocation including Supply Chain, Product Production, Merchandising and Marketing teams.
- Assists in Purchase Order Management including uploading, sending and tracking POs.
- Communicates with Merchant and Planners on all purchase order activity.
- Supports merchants in preparing for presentations to cross functional teams including sales rep presentation and customer line reviews.
- Develops understanding for go-to-market calendar and tracks to meet deadlines.
- Analyzes sales to report rep show sales, sales driven via rep samples, catalog placement and marketing driving activity.
- Has experience with Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Detail oriented and self-starter.
- Career interests in business, vendor and / or retail management is preferred.
- Candidate must display a positive, can-do attitude and be an active team player.
- Able to interact and engage with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate acts as a brand representative when interacting with external business partners.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Candidate must have high degree of flexibility and a track record of quickly adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills for managing multiple tasks at once.
- 25-30 hours per week or in accordance with college course requirements.
- Must be able to receive college credit.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Must be able to work at headquarters in downtown Chicago, IL and our Distribution Center in Forest Park, IL.