Seasonal/Part-Time Relief Typesetting Team Member
This position reports directly to the Personalized Shop Production Supervisor and will be based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility (7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130).
The Seasonal/Part-Time Relief position helps to support wedding season business February through April. There are occasional short term needs throughout the year due to promotion business.
Typesetting responsibilities include performing complex text processing, order revisions and customer communication. Pre-Press responsibilities include creation of a print layout, digital printing, and the steps in-between. The chief focus is to produce an end result of a high-quality finished product for our customer. They are expected to work collaboratively with all team members and be flexible to changes in workflow while promoting a positive work environment in the Personalized Shop and Distribution Center.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Customer Service
- Leads by example and exemplify the Paper Source Customer Service Experience at all times with both internal team members and external vendors.
- Professional engagement and follow up communication via phone/email with both internal team members and external vendors.
- Maintains a partnership with the Customer Care Team to resolve customer services requests and escalations.
- Responsible for management of on-time delivery and resolution of escalated issues.
- Typesetting Daily Operations
- Sets type in inDesign for new Paper Source custom print orders; verifying order information, proofreading text, confirming the layout is to the customer’s liking and that typesetting and revisions are completed within the required time frame.
- Managing a high volume of email correspondence with customer and stores including service scenarios.
- Preparing approved typesetting for Pre-Press.
- Demonstrates passion for the Paper Source brand and its products.
- Demonstrates time management, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to ensure order consistency and accuracy.
- Ability to articulate thoughts into clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work cohesively with our DC, HQ and field team, maintaining a flexible, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Demonstrates excellent typing, proofreading and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated superb attention to detail and a keen eye for design.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience as a Typesetter, Production, Artist or Designer.
- Invitations or printing background preferred.
- Proficient on MAC platform, including expertise in Adobe InDesign, and knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel and Acrobat.
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business.