Inventory Control Manager
Trains and manages a team of inventory control staff and is responsible for controlling inventory at our Distribution Center at 7801 Industrial Drive Forest Park, IL 60130. Provides leadership for strategic projects and operational issues related to inventory. Requires strong analytical skills and ability to dive into data, system and process details in order to drive recommendations and/or resolutions.
- Responsible to direct the company’s inventory management approach towards reliable, consistent data integrity in the distribution/production center and the stores.
- Responsible for supporting merchandise planning team with regular reporting and analysis as well as executing related key support functions.
- Responsible for execution of the daily cycle count process regarding onsite and offsite for component and finished goods inventory in the distribution/production center and the stores.
- Responsible for development and execution of audit and quality control processes in the distribution/production center to ensure error-free shipments to all stores and customers.
- Responsible for the coordination, execution and investigate of all physical inventories in the stores and distribution/production center.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects and processes regarding asset protection and maintaining consistent reductions in shrink levels.
- Develop, manage and train inventory control staff to cultivate a sense of urgency, maximize productivity and accuracy in their job function
- Develop and execute reporting for merchandise planning
- Support merchandise planning by executing the following support functions: set up style codes, review store discontinue list, oversee new store set up and manage store supplies
- Collaborate with key functional business leaders and store managers to close out all open purchase orders in the stores and distribution center after thoroughly analyzing root cause for discrepancies
- Responsible for the processing of all inventory adjustments, variances and transfer transactions in the stores and distribution center
- Establish and monitor department metrics, identify best practices and address opportunities with the staff to achieve overall objectives of increasing quality of inventory accuracy
- Focus on strategic planning to ensure optimal fill rate, reduction of obsolescence and damages, enhanced quality and timeliness of response to our store partners
- Ensure accuracy of weekly (I1A) inventory report and communicate to senior management key variances to budget, root cause and actions to mitigate
- Ability to proactively identify challenges, apply strategic thinking and arrive at optimum solutions to achieve process improvements regarding asset protection and reduction in shrink
- 3-5 years focus in inventory control management in a distribution and/or retail environment
- 3-5 years functional knowledge and experience in conducting distribution cycle count processes
- Expert computer skills including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Process Improvement/Six Sigma experience a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Experience using and implementing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Adept in utilization and maximization of systemic inventory adjustment process and reporting in Great Plains, Aptos and Retail Management System.