This position reports directly to the Senior Operations Manager. The position requires a strong, collaborative business relationship with Human Resources, Store Operations, Retail Store Managers, Operations Manager and Customer Service Manager. This position will be based out of the Paper Source Distribution Facility (7801 Industrial Drive, Forest Park, IL 60130).
Responsible for support in the execution of all the daily activities required to manage shift responsibilities across assembly lines. Responsible for assisting in the staffing, training, and scheduling of all shift warehouse personnel, while maintaining strict adherence to payroll budget, planning hours to achieve productivity goals and effectively manage fluctuating levels of work. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, including compliance to all OSHA and Safety regulations and guidelines. Provide 100% customer satisfaction by providing same day shipment of all customer and store orders ensuring accuracy, proper packaging, using efficient and cost effective transportation modes.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversee multiple assembly line production projects, kits and components.
- Provide hands-on supervision for staff and associates to maximize productivity and accuracy in their job functions by spending no less than 90% of his/her time on the warehouse floor. Utilizes weekly benchmark reports, performance posting, and goal setting to measure and communicate the results of performance to your team
- Plan daily workloads to ensure all customer/store orders will be 100% shipped the same day.
- Support the standards with the warehouse personnel to drive a customer focused environment.
- Supervises daily processes to ensure all Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics are met or exceeded
- Provide direction and assistance to warehouse associates by clarifying questions pertaining to job assignments and resolving issues
- Meet all departmental expectations to effectively drive results
- Assist in training, developing and managing a group of 20-25 associates in non-exempt positions. Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and mentoring to achieve desired results
- Participate in the Paper Source Safety program, using the monthly Safety and Health Survey, to provide a safe work environment and comply with all Federal, State and OSHA and safety regulations
- Instill a “5S” cleanliness culture throughout the facility
- Provides training and certification prior to an employee being permitted to operate and monitors all employees’ use of Industrial Powered equipment in the facilities. (Forklifts, Order Pickers, etc.) Establishes a program to provide recurrent training every 2 years.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of warehouses activities using the current Distribution Center Business Metrics report, any other benchmark reporting spreadsheets, and other reports as may be required and outlined from time to time.
- Complies with the logistics and distribution center budgetary constraints for the warehouse and monitors all controllable expenses such as overtime, salary, temporary help, supplies, LTL costs, UPS/FedEx costs, facility maintenance expense, etc.
- Other duties and assignments that may be required or necessitated as a result of change in the job requirements.
- 2-4 years focus in Assembly Line Production
- 2-4 years functional knowledge and experience in conducting metric driven analysis and accountability
- Ability to communicate clearly, thoroughly and professionally across business channels
- Bilingual (Spanish) communication skills a plus
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Six Sigma experience and certification a plus
- Knowledge of die-cut machines a plus
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain and/or relevant degree preferred
- Engineering experience a plus
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and arrive at optimum solutions to achieve success
- Experience using and implementing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Have a working knowledge of the assembly line processes and functions
- Be prepared to work overtime as required by business needs